Authority Media is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Account Executive who is passionate about consumer technology and taking a consultative sales approach to engage brands and agencies. This is a new role with Android Authority, one of the world’s leading media publications covering tech news and product reviews. We're open to any U.S. or Canadian based candidates. We’re prioritizing a great team fit more so than the ideal geographic fit.
We’re seeking a motivated individual who can secure deals with brands that would benefit from promotion to our high-intent tech audience. This AE will primarily sell direct campaigns (i.e., display, native, sponsored content). Bottom line - if conducting outreach to and creating advertising solutions with brands like Telus, Verizon, Samsung, and Sony excites you, then you’re a great fit for this role. We’ll arm you with the tools to be successful, and in turn, you’ll identify the right messaging, business needs, and tailored solutions for our brand partners.
You and we understand that nurturing relationships is a process that might require some combination of emails, phone calls, social media, and in-person to create a meaningful connection that moves the ball forward. Being pleasantly persistent and proactive are the keys to success in this role!
This is a mid-level position with lots of opportunities to grow! As you learn and master this role, you’ll have many opportunities that will facilitate your career growth with Authority Media. This position reports to the VP of Strategy & Business Development.
In your role on the Business Development team, you will:
- Develop valuable relationships through the entire sales cycle from prospecting to closing deals with brands and agencies in an assigned vertical.
- Establish Authority Media as a top consideration with brands and agencies for their RFPs, and keep them regularly informed of our product solutions.
- Understand how to pull and communicate the right data points to engage a prospect.
- Collaboratively work with internal team members to develop marketing materials and proposals that delight and exceed the expectations of our brand partners.
- Keep our team informed about customer feedback and data gathered in the field, so that we’re continuously improving our solutions and value proposition.
- Use CRM to record progress with accounts and stay organized.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years sales experience. Bonus points if this experience has been with a media company and/or with established contacts in the consumer electronics vertical.
- Solid understanding of online advertising and the media landscape.
- Understanding of the RFP process and the ins-and-outs of preparing a media plan.
- Strong familiarity with research tools such as MediaRadar, Winmo, Sales Navigator, SellerCrowd, Quantcast, Comscore, or other similar software.
- Comfortable pulling and presenting data from tools such as Google Analytics, SEMrush, or Facebook Ad Manager.
- Intellectually curious with a desire to identify the right solutions for potential clients.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills when interacting with brands/agencies whether in an email pitch or presentation (video or in-person).
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual who also understands how to be an effective team player (especially with a largely remote team).
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Google Sheets, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Travel requirement (10 - 15% domestic and international) once safe to do so.
- Sense of humor, positive attitude, and eagerness to learn!