- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Full Time
- Entry Level
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Administrative Assistant to join our rapidly expanding team.
About Authority Media
Authority Media is an established technology media company consisting of leading publications like Android Authority and SoundGuys that focuses on providing our audience with expert in-depth product reviews, education features, how-tos, and other helpful content designed to assist them in their journey to understand more.
Every month, roughly 20 million users go to our sites to learn more about popular consumer technology and the issues guiding each segment. By letting the data and experts do the talking, we cut the noise around hyped products and deal in hard truths.
What You’ll Be Doing
In this role, you’ll be helping us coordinate and maintain normal operation of our Vancouver office, and the tasks necessary to have it working as efficiently as possible. At our core, we aspire to provide our readers with accurate and interesting content, and we need help making that a possibility.
You’ll join an established team of upbeat Vancouver tech enthusiasts who are doing what they love every day. We are a relaxed team that takes significant pride in our content. You will be provided opportunities to grow your skills, be at the forefront of new technologies, and .
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for candidates in the Vancouver Metro area who can work full time during normal business hours. We are seeking passionate techies that have a love for organization and teamwork—and the right candidate matters more than which hours you work.
We’re looking for reliable, competent people that take pride in their work, and who are willing to learn new skills. We welcome applications from individuals who know their way around the tech scene, are familiar with office software, or those who have executive assistant experience. We believe in investing in our team, and many additional opportunities will become available in the months ahead as you prove yourself and become a master in the role.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining organization in our inventory room, and managing intake of products
- Handling mail, visitors, and daily administrative functions for the office
- Optimizing and updating existing procedures to reduce time spent on tasks
- Other tasks related to day-to-day operations
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Exceptional command of written English is a requirement
- Outgoing and eager to collaborate with other team members
- Fast typing speed
- Quick learning abilities and adaptability
- Lover of organization
- Experienced in maintaining regular office operations
- Tech literacy
Please complete our application form, and include your CV, and cover letter. Please include in your cover letter:
- Please describe your preferred organizational style.
- What tech media do you consume, and why?
- Anything that we should know about you that makes you ideal for this position