- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Full Time
- Mid Level
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Editor to join our rapidly expanding team.
About Authority Media
Authority Media is an established technology media company consisting of leading publications like Android Authority and SoundGuys that focuses on providing our audience with expert in-depth product reviews, education features, how-tos, and other helpful content designed to assist them in their journey to understand more.
Every month, roughly 20 million users go to our sites to learn more about popular consumer technology and the issues guiding each segment. By letting the data and experts do the talking, we cut the noise around hyped products and deal in hard truths.
What You’ll Be Doing
In this role, you’ll be helping us expand our horizons with new sites dedicated to consumer technology. We need someone to edit the work of two junior writers, as well as create content on their own. A competent editor will also be able to teach their junior writers the ins and outs of style, as well as mechanics and proper paragraph structure.
You’ll join an established team of upbeat Vancouver tech enthusiasts who are doing what they love every day. We are a relaxed team that takes significant pride in our content. You will be provided opportunities to grow your mixed media skills, be at the forefront of new technologies, and start a career in journalism.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for candidates in the Vancouver Metro area who can work part time hours on a flexible schedule designed to fit your life. We are seeking passionate techies that have a love for a wide variety of gadgets and gizmos, and the right candidate matters more than which hours they work.
We’re looking for reliable, competent people that take pride in their work, and who are willing to learn new skills. We welcome applications from individuals who know their way around the tech scene, are familiar with working with others to improve their writing and communication skills. We believe in investing in our team, and many additional opportunities will become available in the months ahead as you prove yourself and become a master in the role.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Executing the direction of the Executive Editor for content
- Performing global and mechanical edits for the work of your juniors
- Encourage and build the team’s capacity for high-quality production
- Other tasks related to advancing your site’s coverage of its beat
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Exceptional command of written English is a requirement
- Intimate knowledge of Chicago or AP style
- Comfortable with adapting to a house style
- Quick learning abilities and adaptability
- Experienced in instructing a small team and taking responsibility for their work
- Tech literate
- Eager to learn
Please complete our application form, and include your CV, and cover letter. Please include in your cover letter:
- Your opinion of the oxford comma.
- What tech media do you consume, and why?
- Anything that we should know about you that makes you ideal for this position