Experienced Content Creator - Consumer Tech
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Contracted to Full Time
We are looking for an experienced, reliable and dedicated consumer technology expert to join our rapidly expanding team at Authority Media. If you love technology as much as we do, and you have experience reviewing it, then we'd love to hear from you.
About Authority Media
Authority Media is the parent company of prestigious publications like Android Authority, SoundGuys, Drone Rush, VR Source, and App Authority. Our network reaches tens of millions of people each and every month across the web, YouTube, and social channels. Authority Media is home to a team of 50+ writers and editors, including some of the most experienced professionals in consumer electronics media.
We focus on providing our audience with expert, in-depth product reviews, educational features, how-tos, and other helpful content designed to assist them in their journey to understand more.
What You’ll Be Doing
In this role, you’ll be doing industry research and creating compelling tech content for our millions of fans across the globe. At our core, we aspire to provide our readers with accurate and engaging content that remains up to date no matter when you visit any of our pages.
You’ll join a team of upbeat tech enthusiasts who are doing what they love every day. We are a relaxed team that takes considerable pride in our content. You will have opportunities to grow your mixed media skills, be at the forefront of new technologies, and work with a great team of passionate individuals.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for candidates in the Vancouver Metro area who can work any time through the week, possibly including evenings, nights and/or weekends. We are seeking passionate technology enthusiasts that have strong writing capabilities and love for a wide variety of gadgets and gizmos.
We seek to align ourselves with reliable, competent people who take pride in their work and who are willing to learn new skills. We welcome applications from individuals who know their way around the tech scene, are familiar with using a camera for either photo or video, or have on-mic or other tech reviewing experience. We believe in investing in our team, and many additional opportunities will become available in the months ahead as you prove yourself and become a master in the role.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Taking detailed in-depth looks at new products and documenting your impressions
- Working independently and in concert with our team to review new products as they are released
- Creating quality content working in tandem with our experienced Editors
- Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the consumer electronics beat
- Optimizing and updating existing content as required
- Other tasks related to advancing your knowledge of the technology media space
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Exceptional command of written English is a requirement
- Comfortable being on camera
- Fast typing speed
- Great research skills
- Quick learning abilities and adaptability
- Lover of technology
- Experienced in creating quality content via any medium (written, photography, video, podcast)
- Extremely tech-literate
- Eager to learn
Please complete our application form, and include your CV and cover letter. In addition, please include in your cover letter:
- What is the most groundbreaking tech product ever created, and why?
- What tech media do you consume, and why?
- Anything that we should know about you that makes you ideal for this position