- Part Time
- Mid Level
Android Authority is looking for a Sponsored Content Writer who will be responsible for executing high-visibility sponsored content campaigns on androidauthority.com.
This writer will be responsible for writing and editing sponsored articles that balance editorial standards with partner requests and contributing additional product-focused content. All tasks will be issued on an ad-hoc basis. This writer will work closely with the Sponsored Content Editor and collaborate as needed with internal business/marketing teams that manage sponsored partnerships. Content coverage includes mobile technology, subscription services (streaming, VPN, etc), and general consumer electronics. Types of articles include (but are not limited to) promotional ‘advertorials,’ Best List integrations, device launch announcements, deals, and educational/insight content.
We are looking for a highly responsive, detail-oriented, hardworking, and accountable team player. The ideal candidate is able to identify story ideas and develop quality, engaging branded content while maintaining editorial integrity. This role is remote/work-from-home.
What You'll Do
- Ideate, write, and edit branded stories related to consumer electronics
- Produce high-quality, well-researched content at a fast pace (draft turnaround is often 24-48 hours)
- Work with the sponsored content editor to field editorial requests from business/marketing teams for multiple content projects with overlapping deadlines
- Balance changing priorities and pivot quickly to accommodate tight deadlines
- Understand and explain complex concepts in a digestible and user-friendly way to a digital audience
- Update existing content based on sponsored campaign needs
- Produce content that aligns with our brand voice and style guide
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends to detect content opportunities for various partners
What We're Looking For
- 2 - 4 years of proven solid writing/editing experience
- Experience in or knowledge of consumer electronics is strongly preferred
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback
- Ability to receive guidance from sponsors and create a compelling narrative with editorial integrity
- Passionate about content creation with a track record of ideating innovative approaches to complicated topics
- Familiarity with AP style and using content style guides
- Ability to work well in a team, collaborate with other teams, while also able to work independently and manage own workload
- Experience with sponsored content is a plus, or understanding of the language differences between branded and non-sponsored content
- Some familiarity with SEO preferred
- Ability to write engaging headlines with immediate first-paragraph hooks is required
- Remains even-keeled in an environment where some brands’ wishes may fluctuate and repeat revisions may seem tedious.
- Understands brand satisfaction with the final product is the foremost priority
Please link sample content in the Website, blog, or portfolio field.
DO fill out the questionnaire to let us know more about your experience.