Junior Technology Writer
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Junior Writer to join our rapidly expanding team.
About Authority Media
Authority Media is an established technology media company consisting of leading publications like Android Authority and SoundGuys that focuses on providing our audience with expert in-depth product reviews, education features, how-tos, and other helpful content designed to assist them in their journey to understand more.
Every month, roughly 20 million users go to our sites to learn more about popular consumer technology and the issues guiding each segment. By letting the data and experts do the talking, we cut the noise around hyped products and deal in hard truths.
What You’ll Be Doing
In this role, you’ll be helping us expand our horizons with a new site dedicated to display tech, including but not limited to TVs, projectors, computer monitors, and more. Ever want to get in on the ground floor of a major publication? This is that opportunity. At our core, we aspire to provide our readers with accurate and interesting content that remains up to date no matter when you visit any of our pages—and we need help.
You’ll join an established team of upbeat Vancouver tech enthusiasts who are doing what they love every day. We are a relaxed team that takes significant pride in our content. You will be provided opportunities to grow your mixed media skills, be at the forefront of new technologies, and start a career in journalism.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for candidates in the Vancouver Metro area who can work full time hours on a flexible schedule designed to fit your life. We are seeking passionate techies that have a love for a wide variety of gadgets and gizmos, and the right candidate matters more than which hours you work.
We’re looking for reliable, competent people that take pride in their work, and who are willing to learn new skills. We welcome applications from individuals who know their way around the tech scene, are familiar with using a camera for either photo or video, or those who have on-mic or other product reviewing experience. We believe in investing in our team, and many additional opportunities will become available in the months ahead as you prove yourself and become a master in the role.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining comprehensive understanding of the TV/Computer monitor tech vertical
- Creating quality content under guidance of your Editor
- Optimizing and updating existing on page content as required
- Other tasks related to advancing your understanding of the technology media space
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Exceptional command of written English is a requirement
- Intimate knowledge of optics and display technologies
- Fast typing speed
- Quick learning abilities and adaptability
- Experienced in creating quality content via any medium (written, photography, video, podcast)
- Extremely tech literate
- Eager to learn
Please complete our application form, and include your CV, and cover letter. Please include in your cover letter:
- Your opinion of curved gaming monitors?
- What tech media do you consume, and why?
- Anything that we should know about you that makes you ideal for this position