Jr. Audio Content Creator - Student
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Audio Content Writer to join our rapidly expanding SoundGuys team.
SoundGuys is an established technology media company that focuses on providing our audience with expert in-depth product reviews, education features, how-tos, and other helpful content designed to assist them in their journey to understand more.
Every month, more than a million users go to SoundGuys to learn more about headphones, speakers, microphones, and more. By letting the data and experts do the talking, we cut the noise around hyped products and deal in hard truths.
What You’ll Be Doing
In this role, you’ll be researching and updating existing tech content. At our core, we aspire to provide our readers with accurate and interesting content that remains up to date no matter when you visit any of our pages.
You’ll join a team of upbeat tech enthusiasts who are doing what they love every day. We are a relaxed team that takes significant pride in our content. You will be provided opportunities to grow your mixed media skills, be at the forefront of new technologies, and be working with a great team of passionate individuals.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for candidates in the Vancouver Metro area who can work any time through the week, possibly including evenings, nights and/or weekends. We are seeking passionate techies that have a love for a wide variety of gadgets and gizmos.
We’re looking for reliable, competent people that take pride in their work, and who are willing to learn new skills. We welcome applications from individuals who know their way around the tech scene, are familiar with using a camera for either photo or video, or those who have on-mic or other product reviewing experience. We believe in investing in our team, and many additional opportunities will become available in the months ahead as you prove yourself and become a master in the role.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining comprehensive understanding of the consumer audio beat
- Creating quality content under guidance of Senior Editors
- Optimizing and updating existing on page content as required
- Other tasks related to advancing your understanding of the technology media space
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Exceptional command of written English is a requirement
- Fast typing speed
- Great research skills
- Quick learning abilities and adaptability
- Lover of audio gear
- Savvy deal finder
- Experienced in creating quality content via any medium (written, photography, video, podcast)
- Extremely tech literate
- Eager to learn
Please complete our application form, and include your CV, and cover letter. Please include in your cover letter:
- Your opinion of the original AirPods
- What tech media do you consume, and why?
- Anything that we should know about you that makes you ideal for this position